We look back to a moving past

Let’s briefly give you a survey on the crucial milestones of our history: Founded in 1907, LICEFA has gone through eventful times such as World War One, World War Two, currency reform followed by the German economic miracle and last not least the topic of these days: digitalization. Quite a few people took care for the company and have made LICEFA to what it is now. Constancy is the guideline we stand for and hence our deep roots remain in Bad Salzuflen, East Westphalia.

LICEFA history "100 years"

Summary of the LICEFA history


Change of name to LICEFA GmbH & Co. KG and appointment of Christian Schmidtas Managing Director Plastics


Issuance of general powers of attorney for Stephan Alraun, director of optics, and for Christian Schmidt


Commissioning of the new logistics center


Takeover of the tools (ball hinge boxes, cases) and injection molding machines from Kreisel Kunststoffverarbeitung, Karlsruhe


Licefa celebrates its 100th birthday

September 2003

Purchase of the property at Lemgoer Straße 9 and construction of a warehouse

December 1999

Closure of the Hille production facility and sale of the property


Expansion of the company building and production at Lemgoer Straße 11


Heinrich Horstmann joins the company as managing partner


Change of name to LICEFA Kunststoffverarbeitung GmbH & Co. KG

12. October 1980

Death of Heinrich Horstmann Sr

18. July 1977

Death of Auguste Horstmann


Appointment of the second managing director and new shareholder Hans-Gottfried Schmidt, stepson of Heinrich Horstmann


Expansion of the warehouse by building a new hall at Lemgoer Straße 11

June 1962

Relocation of the Schötmaran production facilities from Asper Strasse to the new building at Lemgoer Strasse 11

October 1957

Relocation of the glasses production to the new building in Hille (Hille No. 730, today Horstbohlen 30)

23. August 1956

Birth of Heinrich Horstmann

May 1955

Acquisition of the properties of the former Müller'schen biscuit factory at Lemgoer Straße 11 in Schötmar

February 1954

Heinrich Horstmann marries Auguste Schmidt, née Blomeyer

October 1952

Participation in the first Düsseldorf plastics trade fair "Kunststoffe 1952"

June 1951

Commissioning of the first injection molding machine

May 1947

Production of celluloid frames for glasses, sunglasses and magnifying glasses in Hille/Westphalia in the former dairy (Hille No. 131, today Mindener Straße 116)

26. February 1947

Birth of Hans-Gottfried Schmidt

May 1946

Participation in the "First Leipzig Peace Fair"

January 1937

Merger of the companies "Meierhans & Co.", "Alfred Döhnel" and "Lippische Celluloidwarenfabrik Knigge & Lindloff" and continuation under this name, company location: Asper Straße 11


Acquisition of the celluloid companies "Meierhans & Co." and "Alfred Döhnel", Schötmar, by Heinrich Horstmann

September 1928

Entry of the company in the commercial register of the District Court of Bad Salzuflen, existence of the company for a decade “only on paper”, official company headquarters: Schötmar

May 1927

Deletion of the company from the commercial register of the district court of Lage


Sale of the company building to the Wellmeier family


closure of the company

24. May 1922

Death of Carl Knigge, continuation of the business by his widow and son-in-law Bernhard Dalbender

January 1910

Wilhelm Lindloff leaves the company

1. October 1909

Deletion of Wellmeier's company from the commercial register of the district court of Lage, new entry in the commercial register of the district court of Lage by the Bremen merchants Carl Knigge and Wilhelm Lindloff under the name "Lippische Celluloidwarenfabrik Knigge & Lindloff"

16. April 1908

Entry in the commercial register of the district court of Lage

August 1907

Foundation of the "Lippische Zelluloidwarenfabrik H. Wellmeier" in Ohrsen by Hermann and Gustav Wellmeier